Blacklands Primary School and Early Years is a non-denominational, co-educational school. The present roll in the primary department is 124 pupils who are in 6 classes from Primary 1 to Primary 7.
Have a look at our School Handbook
Blacklands Primary School: Standards and Quality Report
Our overall Aim
To work in a sustainable way with our partners to build a better North Ayrshire in which all citizens can participate, learn and contribute to the community.
• Increasing Educational attainment and achievement.
• Developing confident individuals, responsible citizens, effective contributors and successful learners.
• Increasing the number of young people moving to positive post-school destinations.
• Promoting better health and more physical activity.
• Reducing disadvantage and promoting equality.
• Empowering community through participation in cultural and lifelong learning.
• Supporting the professional development of staff.
• Providing high quality facilities making best use of resources.
Blacklands Primary and Early Years Class Staff
|Job Title||Member of staff|
|Head Teacher||Mrs E McNeil|
|Acting Principal Teacher||Mrs P Norwood|
|Primary 1||Miss E Pursley|
|Primary 2||Miss E Moffat|
|Primary 3||Mrs T Weeks|
|Primary 4||Mrs L Taylor & Mrs H McKie|
|Primary 5/6||Mrs J Reid & Miss S Harper|
|Primary 7||Mrs A McKenzie & Miss S Harper|
|Nurture Teacher||Mrs S Scott|
|Support for Learning||Mrs J Wilde|
|Early Years Practitioner (Nurture)||Mrs E Langan|
|Early Years Practitioner (EYC)||Mrs T Main|
|Early Years Practitioner (EYC)||Miss J Fraser|
|Janitor||Mr G Devlin|
|Senior Clerical||Miss K Smith|
|ASN Assistant||Mrs H Rennie|
|Classroom Assistant||Mrs J Bertram|
|Classroom Assistant||Mrs A Spence|
|Classroom Assistant||Mrs L Taylor|
|Classroom Assistant||Mrs M Meechan|
|Cleaning Supervisor||Mrs J Thomson|
|Cleaning Assistant||Mrs E Murphy|
We welcome students from universities and colleges for training placements and senior pupils from local high schools for job-experience placements.